Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

Beauty Box Purchases!

Hello lovelies!

I think beauty boxes are a great idea. I remember watching American and Canadian Youtubers reviewing their boxes and hated that there was no such service for us in the UK, then along came GlossyBox (YAY!), followed by various others. 

 I still feel the same excitement when I receive my Glossybox every month.  I think its not knowing what goodies will be inside that excites me! That and my general addiction to beauty products and I'm always guaranteed there will be some new ones for me to try inside the box.  I guess brands agree to have their products featured in the boxes because it opens up a whole new market for them, hundreds of people who may never have tried or heard of their products before.

Photo from: Glossybox Blog

But I do wonder how effective it is, in all the time I've been receiving my Glossybox (almost a year!!) I have not gone on to purchase and of the products inside. I should point out that is probably about to change as I've got my eye on the Molton Brown shower gel that was in the Harrods edition box and next time I'm in London I plan to make a visit to a Rituals store to repurchase the shower gel sensation! I know I can get it online but I want to smell the other scents and they seem to have so many luxurious looking goodies!! 


Anyhoo, I've gone off track.... I also love a few of the full sized products which I have received (Hello Stila eyeliner) but I haven't yet finished any to see whether I actually will repurchase or not.

I did sign up to try out a Carmine  box when they first began and some discount codes were floating about.  The box I received had 5 products in it, three full size and two sample sized products and it was brilliant!!
More effective at making me repurchase than all of the Glossyboxes put together.  I'm not dissing Glossybox here, like I said I love receiving it every month.  Maybe this one Carmine box was just really suited to my likes.  I went on to purchase the Caudalie Vinosource Quenching Sorbet Creme and the Balance Me hand cream after using the samples AND the Trind nail Repair and theBalm Frat Boy blusher have become two of my favourite products!  What a successful box! Haha! 


Has anyone found new holy grail products through receiving beautyboxes?! Or new favourite brands?! 
Or is everyone in the same boat as me?! :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you completely. I subbed to both Carmine and Glossybox in January and I seem to have only purchased full-sized items of the Carmine samples.

    The White-Glo toothpaste in the last Carmine box is now my absolute have, don't use anything else!

    Lola ..x

    LolaStarHearts

    ReplyDelete